Manager’s Resource Center
At WVU we don’t just create leaders—we empower them. As a manager, you are one of the guides, role models, and mentors who keep West Virginia’s flagship university advancing into the future.
That’s why we want you to have the resources and support you need to do what you do best.
In these pages, you’ll find an ever-evolving collection of information on topics encompassing a broad number of management-related subjects, including:
- Performance Management Resources
- Leadership Training resources
- Quick Links to frequently used Supervisor Tools and Resources
- Short Video Leadership learning resources
- WVU Leadership Social Media resources
- Management Newsletter series
- Situations and Solutions: Assistance with the most common performance management issues
We hope you find the Manager’s Resource Center helpful! As always, if you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact your Human Resources Partner, who can provide you with the support you need to solve problems.
Other questions, comments or feedback?
Please contact us at 304.293.5700
University Police: 304.293.2677
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: 304.293.5600
Employee Relations: 304.293.5700×5, After Normal Business Hours: 304.692.4636
Environmental, Health & Safety: 304.293.3792
Faculty and Staff Assistance Program: 304.293.5590
Creating a Staff Requisition
- Flexible Work Arrangement Information
- Required Postings
Leadership Learning Center
- Weber Business Service - We Make Leadership EASY (Expectations-Accountability-Systems-You)
- Bud to Boss - How to Survive, and Thrive, as a New Supervisor
WVU Policies and Procedures
Frequently Utilized Policy and Procedure Resources
- Classified Employee Handbook & Faculty Handbook
Conflict Resolutions/Options (including the
Conflict Resolution Brochure)
Fitness for Duty (Including
Observed Behavior Checklist & Supervisor Quick Reference Guide)
Pay Practices for Inclement Weather/Emergency Closures